Friday, August 12, 2011

Living in a Realestate House

I haven't posted in a while, due to the fact that I have not done anything worth printing.  It is difficult to live in a house that is on the market. You must have it look like no one lives there.  You must leave at an hour’s notice.  I wipe the sink each time I turn on the water, and so forth.  I hope this doesn’t last long.  I think that if it doesn’t sell by the time the realtor commitment expires, we will try to rent it out. Although I don’t like the idea, it might be the only alternative.  We did go to Isle of Palms and Charleston this last weekend, and looked for a place to stay when Tammy comes to visit, next month. We love the old south feel in Charleston, and Isle of Palms has some beautiful beaches.  It is about 15 minutes from Charleston, so you can have both.   David, my youngest son called last night and we visited for about an hour.  David likes old cars and is trying to resurrect a 1950 Chevrolet.  It is a very cool car. It’s a 2 door fastback. He said that he is in the process of prepping it for paint. We will see how that goes.  Those cars use to be $100 dollar cars, but, I guess I’m telling my age. My first car was a 1953 Chevy Bellaire, that I paid a whapping $160.00 for in 1966. Two years later I was into muscle cars, and now I would prefer the “Stove Bolt’’ Chevy. They are comfortable, economical, and easy to work on and very reliable.  I better stop.  If I type 2 more lines, I will be looking for one myself. Thanks for dropping by, and take extra time today to work or play safely.

1 comment:

  1. To clean houses make me nervous! Wish David good luck with the car...it must be a labor of love as it is lot's of work.

    ReplyDelete