Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Daytona Beach FL

Our 19th wedding anniversary was the 6th of December, and we decided to book a few days in Daytona Beach FL. I wasn't able to get away from work until the Wednesday the 15th. We drove to the beach and it had been very cold anyway. On the 16th it started to warm up, and we got some time on the beach. On the 17th, we went to the lighthouse at Ponce Inlet. Then we spent the rest of the day at the beach reading books and maybe a little RUM. I love the fact that you can drive right on the beach. Tailgating at the beach is great! The weather called for rain on Saturday, so we decided to go to Orlando to the Epcot center. Neither of us had ever been there. The best part for me was the hydroponic greenhouse. They farm beneficial insects to use in the greenhouse.There was 150lb pumpkins, and a tomato plant that gave over a 1000 lbs of tomatoes. That is from one plant. I have attached a few pictures.













2 comments:

  1. Oh it looks wonderful...Happy Aniversary
    I must put the Epoct Center on my list of thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary!
    I've only been to Florida once in my life, but I've always wanted to go back... and your pictures kind of seal the deal!

    I just noticed that you became a follower on my blog, (am I slow, or what?;) and I'll be checking in on your often now!

    ReplyDelete