Monday, April 19, 2010

Welcome


This blog is to be a few lines to describe my life, hence life lines for a title. I hope to describe my future plan for building a small home on the acreage that I purchased in 1996. I am writing this blog to have a record of the building. It is amazing how easily we can forget the dates and years when you don’t write a record. This catch up narrative is from my memory, and it’s not getting any better. I do not have all the pictures that I have taken during this time ether. I may add/edit as I find them. Some of the pictures are not good, but record the story. It is my desire to live light on the earth, and build a homestead that is as energy efficient as possible or affordable. It is also my desire to respect others and follow the standards that are set out in the Bible for our benefit. This blog will not be a platform for my religious beliefs, and as one of Jehovah's Witnesses, it is not difficult for anyone to get this information. We will deliver it to your door, or you can find it at http://www.watchtower.org/ .

History of building the barn
It started in the Fall of 1996 when I put a down payment on some acreage in southern Colorado. My wife and I were looking for somewhere to go when we retired that would be away from the hustle and bustle of the city life. I grew up in the city, but have fond memories of a small farm that my Great Aunt and her husband owned near Derby, Colorado, now part of Commerce City. This picture is one of the earliest pictures of the property. I later purchased an old farm tractor and was picking a spot to begin building a barn.


No comments:

Post a Comment